The first release candidate for WordPress 5.0 is now available!
Each time a new version of WordPress rolls out, we’re all excited about getting to play with its new features. However, few versions in the past have garnered as much buzz around them as WordPress 5.0 because of these very useful features.
There are two main benefits to keeping PHP up-to-date:
- Your website will be faster as the latest version of PHP is more efficient. Updating to the latest supported version (7.2 at the time of writing) can deliver a huge performance increase; up to 3 or 4x faster for older versions.
- Your website will be more secure. PHP, like WordPress, is maintained by its community. Because PHP is so popular, it is a target for hackers – but the latest version will have the latest security features. Older versions of PHP do not have this, so updating is essential to keep your WordPress site secure.
And then there are a number of secondary benefits:-
- A faster WordPress website will be rewarded by search engines, so you’ll rank higher in search!
- A faster website will retain visitors better (they’ll leave if it takes too long to load), making your website more effective.
- A more secure website is better protected against hackers, and the cost and reputational damage associated with a hacked website.
- New Blog Based Power Editor for faster and user friendly editing experience
- All the previous default themes are updated to support the blog editor
- WordPress 5.0 officially supports upcoming 7.3 releases
- Your website will be faster as latest version of PHP is more efficient, and can deliver a high performance that increases upto 3 or 4 X’s faster from older version
- Your website will be more secure as the latest version has the latest security features
- A faster WordPress website will be rewarded by search engines so you will rank higher in search
- A faster website will retain visitors better
- A more secure website is protected against hackers to protect cost and reputation damage associated with a hacked website